Thursday, October 2, 2014

BEARS - Just off the Road

"There's bears in them thar hills!"  Possibly true in Alaska, but who knew that it could be the case in little ole' Sequim? 

Part of the charm of this lovely place is its diversity.  Cows in the middle of town, lavender everywhere, our own Costco, and now BEARS!  For instance, there are the waving bears to be found at the Olympic Game Farm.  Leftover, I read, from the days of the wonderful Disney nature movies, they perform on cue for a little slice of bread - wheat only.


But being Sequim, I naturally expect there are other types of bears, and I'm not surprised to find my niece cozying up to the more benign type found everywhere at a popular local restaurant.
I love Sequim.  It never ceases to amaze me.  Just when I think I've figured it out, it comes up with something that surprises and delights.  I'm so glad we moved!


No comments:

Post a Comment