Sunday, October 12, 2014

WEBS - Just off the Road



Who knew that spiders were artists?  As I take my morning walks, I often stop to marvel at the ethereal beauty created by the arachnids of Sequim.  They pick the most beautiful, the most unlikely, the most annoying of places to spin their magic.  It's not unusual for me to end up with a web stretched across my face... and how did they manage to put their web where there is no visible anchor?

 My husband finds art is the most unlikely places, and the best times are when the dew is wet on the grass and glistening on spider art.

These spinners of art seem to have an unerring sense of direction as they turn in circles, around and around, to create their lair.  That's the unappealing part of their work.  These lovely, artsy, photogenic creations are traps for the unsuspecting.  They've done their work well, since they trap us into stopping a while, admiring the gift that nature has bestowed on them. Who knew that something so deadly could be so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment