Monday, November 17, 2014

FORMS - Just off the Road

While wandering around Sequim, my husband has come across some of the most interesting forms.  This one, for example, is a simple park bench, but with an artist's eye, he was able to make it into an artistic shot which leads the eye and the brain to wonder what in the world he was looking at.

In our home, he found one of my favorite collectibles - a glass paperweight.  This one is in the shape of a crashing wave, but this close up made me wonder how his mind works.  Art and beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

We just finished a kitchen remodel, but leave it to my loving spouse to think outside the box.  He took one look at this cabinet with its handles and next thing I knew, he was setting up the tripod, placing a sheet of blue poster board on the floor, and snap - a form that blew my mind.

The lesson in all this is that we often overlook the obvious in our daily journey.  We're so busy scanning the big picture that we fail to take the time to see what's right in front of us.  My husband is learning that lesson well.



No comments:

Post a Comment