Tuesday, December 23, 2014

CHRISTMAS MAKE-BELIEVE - Just off the Road

When I was a little girl, I loved playing with the Christmas village that my Mother set up under our Christmas tree.  It allowed me to play make-believe to my heart's content.

As I grew older, make-believe faded a bit, until it occurred to me that I might have my own dream village, and with that, THE COLLECTION began.  It took over 20 years to amass the houses, barns, cows, boats, lighthouse, forest, people, etc., etc, but I finally had my own village - "JoJo's Village" - which fit into a large area of my home.

When we moved to Sequim and downsized our dwelling, I pondered what to do with my collection, until my Mother moved into a retirement community with lots of empty floor space.  It's been my delight for the past two years to set up JoJo's Village for the enjoyment of the residents, and I've challenged them to pick a character and invent a life story for him or her.  It turns out that you're never too old to play make-believe!  Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. What a marvelous way to Shar a treasured collection!

    ReplyDelete